Friday, December 2, 2016

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Yesterday, a new trailer came out for Mass Effect: Andromeda, and it revealed a new feature that I think the Mass Effect series really needs--open world exploration. When I played Mass Effect 3, the game kept trying to make me feel like I was exploring the Milky Way Galaxy without letting me do so; in short, exploration was going around a corner you might have missed and finding a gun.  Oh joy...  What a surprise. And due to this lack of intrigue for which the game had so much potential, I wanted something more out of the Mass Effect games--I wanted to actually explore the galaxy and discover everything there is to know about it. So here comes Mass Effect: Andromeda to the rescue! In the trailer you see the player can explore open worlds and scan plant and wild life and fight for survival in new worlds. You get all of this with classic Mass Effect trademarks like conversation choices and, hopefully, a great story. Mass Effect: Andromeda comes out spring 2017, and I have to say I think this is going to be the best one in the series so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment