Wednesday, May 18, 2016

The Big Dogs: Best Alternative Rock Bands (Post #1)

So its's finally here! My list for the top Alt. Rock bands.  This actually turned out WAY different than I intended it to; in fact, it is really a list of bands that I just think are among the most awesome in the Alt. rock scene.  My selections for the best of the best will come one at a time, so keep your eyes peeled!  So, enjoy, and just take the posts for what they are.  ;)  As Kurt Cobain wrote, "come as you are."

ALT. ROCK BANDS THAT I ADORE!
I'm sticking to the '80s, 90s, and early 2000s, so not really current bands, but I think these decades (esp. the 90s!) are the core decades for alt. rock awesomeness.

U2 
Click the album cover for the MP3
on Amazon
These guys are just like WOW amazing...  They have produced so many hit that still play on the radio frequently (well, most of these guys do, actually!).  Some of their top hits include, "Beautiful Day," "With or Without You," "Where the Streets Have no Name," "Pride (In the Name of Love)," "Still Haven't Found what I'm looking For..."  And these are just some of their mainstream hits--they actually have produced countless other amazing songs that I absolutely love, including "Bloody Sunday," which is about the massacre in Ireland (U2 is very Irish btw :), "All I want is you," and countless others.  U2 just has a fantastic sound and makes great music that everyone should get into.  Check them out if you're not familiar with them!


<<Check them out above!  You won't regret it.  Even if you've heard the song before, it's totally something you should listen to more than once, that's for sure!>>

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment