Monday, April 25, 2016

Why I Love Herinteractive

The company's logo

Not many people have heard of my favorite gaming company--Herinteractive.  They are really fantastic game-makers and always have their gamers in mind.  What I really like most about them though is that they constantly seek to help girls and women feel strong and empowered to go and do what they dream of doing!  

The one, the only, Nancy Drew!
The typical Herinteractive game goes as follows: the protagonist is Nancy Drew from the popular mystery book series by Carolyn Keene (which was actually a pseudonym for many hired women authors, but that's another story) and you as the gamer play Nancy Drew, never actually seeing what she looks like (oh the mystery of it all! ;).  You look for clues in every scene to solve the mystery you've fallen into, and get this: the games are actually pretty hard!  That is, if you want to complete the game without hints, it means you will be investing several hours (usually a day or so) and lots of energy from all that perplexity into achieving the big win.  To be completely honest, I and many other Nancy Drew computer game fans actually have to go to the forum on Herinteractive.com in order to find hints that will help us get past a particularly challenging point.  SO, in short, these games are intellectually stimulating!

Each game also includes several mini puzzles that you have to figure out in order to solve the mystery; the puzzles are usually a challenge as well, so put on your thinking cap and get to using that noodle! Haha, in sum, you'll love it if you like challenging your mind though, trust me.

Curse of Blackmoor Manor Cover
Another thing I really love about the games is that they promote fun learning by incorporating facts and information of all sorts into the journey on the way to the game's solution.  I remember playing Curse of Blackmoor Manor in middle school and learning about ancient Runes, Greek gods and goddesses, lore of the British Isles, the solstices...  *sighs*  I LOVE learning things from the Nancy Drew games...  And because of those games, I have a bunch of knowledge about the world that many others do not have.  It is very fun to know things too, because you have lots of interesting things to share with others.  :)  Gah!  It is great.  It's not just one Nancy Drew game that's a great learning opportunity either, but all of them! You'll learn about new peoples and places in every game and will grow a great appreciation for other cultures through these games.  For myself, I've found that my travel bug has been encouraged by the cultural appreciation obtained in Nancy Drew games because I am more knowledgeable about places such as Louisiana, the U.K., Italy, Japan, etc.  All this has made me more excited than ever to actually go and see these places!  Nancy Drew and Herinteractive really manage to light a fire under you and get you going on forming and carrying out awesome dreams!

Oh yes, all the Nancy Drew humor!  ;)
I would love to do some reviews on these games, so look out for those in the future!  I'll have to get it approved by my boss/business partner, Alphie (Pragmus Alpha ;), but once I have a feeling it wont be too hard; I'll probably just have to walk to Argentina again and get him some of that special tea leaf he likes, but I've done that once already, so no big deal at all!  ;) Keep rockin' our socks, Pragmus fans!  Talk to you again soon.

Pragmus Sigma
Blog and Social Media Administrator

Also Nancy Drew Lover! -_^

2 comments:

  1. YES THEY ARE THE BEST. I love learning random things from them too. Now if only I actually could use my absurd knowledge
    /kokokringlelife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I totally get that! XD <3 Thanks for the comment!
      --Corey Cherrington

      Delete