Friday, May 20, 2016

The Big Dogs: Best Alternative Rock Bands (Post #4)

BLIND MELON
This is a great band because you can chill to their music,
but their lyrics and music videos will make you think.
Heard of 'em?  Well, perhaps most of you have heard people say "blind melon" in everyday speech because it is such a goofy, iconic name that just stuck with people.  However, not many people appreciate the band itself or even know who they are.  This is totally surprising to me because they are a quintessential alternative rock band with a great sound that differs from any other band.  Maybe you've heard their song called, "No Rain?"  This was their most popular song by far, and the rest of their work was great too!  Their other music was probably just a little too alternative for a general audience.  If I were you though, I would totally listen to some of their other songs!  They really deserve more attention for how cool they were.  I'd personally recommend, "Soul One," "Life Ain't so Sh*tty," and others (shoot us an email if you'd like more suggestions ^_^).  Like I suggested for Smashing Pumpkins, I'd give a listen to an entire Blind Melon album just to get a glimpse of their overall sound, which is psychedelic yet rocking.  And the music video for "No Rain" is something you won't regret watching either!  It is funny, fun, sad, and liberating all at the same time.  I won't spoil too much of it for you, so just click on the video above to watch it for yourself.


<<This is "No Rain"--I think this is easily Blind Melon's 
best song/music video and it has a sound that reflects alt. rock very well.>>



ALICE IN CHAINS
I really like this band!  They are among my favorite alternative rock bands, and I think they need wayyyyy more attention than they get.  What's so great about these guys?  Well, they have a chill sound to their music, but they are somehow able to be pretty intense at the same time, which I think is a very positive quality for any alt. rock band. My favorite albums from the band (and I think their best albums) are called "Jar of Flies" and "Dirt."  There is just sooo much great stuff on these albums that I think will literally blow your mind!  Alice in Chains is truly great not only for their sound, but also for their music's general attitude and the sense of alt-rock-ness you get from chilling out to an Alice in Chains album.
"Jar of Flies" album cover.

I'll let the music speak for itself with this band because I think that it is fully capable of doing so!  :) In my opinion, their best songs are many, including, "Nutshell" (my personal favorite!), "Them Bones," "Rooster," "I stay away," "Brother," and "Don't Follow." Yeah, this band is pretty much amazing and is one of my all-time favorites.  :)


<<I LOVE this song!  Especially the unplugged version...  
Gah, they just have a great sound!>>


That's all for now!  Check back tomorrow for another post about the best alt. rock bands!  Please comment so we can have more opinions on the best alt. rock bands!  Thanks! :)

Corey Cherrington
(Pragmus Sigma)
Blog and Social Media Administrator

No comments:

Post a Comment